Changes to Pre-Conference Workshops
There have been a number of changes to the Pre-Conference Workshops.
Added to the list of workshops is a new offering from Geocortex –
Working Smarter with Geocortex and Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS presented by Ryan Cooney. This is a half day workshop presented in the morning of Monday, May 21.
Unfortunately, the following workshops were cancelled:
Improved 9-1-1 Indoor Location Accuracy for mobile devices
- This was moved to a regular session during the conference.
Customize ArcMap Tools with Python Add-ins
Click here for a full list of workshops (PDF). Last day to register for workshops is Thursday, May 9.
Call for Nominations to The Summit Award
Picture credit: Hotel Murano
Nominations are now being accepted for Washington URISA’s Summit Award, aka GIS Person of the Year. The Summit Award recognizes the "highest contribution to the Washington GIS Community". It is presented during the annual Washington GIS Conference for highest contributions by an individual to the Washington State GIS Community.
Everyone that has earned The Summit Award exuded professionalism, grace, and a get-it-done-with-a-smile attitude. This is your chance to nominate a person that exemplifies these qualities.
Criteria for The Summit Award:
- ¨ The nominee has changed the GIS profession in some "significant way."
- ¨ The person shall have practiced the profession for at least 10 years within Washington State.
- ¨ The nominee shall have made a significant contribution to the GIS profession and community in Washington State.
- ¨ The person should be known for their excellent work and successful projects in the GIS field.
- ¨ The nominee should have volunteered significant time for the GIS profession and community in Washington State.
- ¨ The nominee should not be a current WAURISA board member.
For inspiration, you can see a list of past Summit Award winners.
To submit a nomination, please email your submittal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations are due Wednesday, April 10.
The Summit Award Nominations deadline - April 10
Standard Registration deadline – April 17
Workshop registration deadline – May 9
Poster / Map Contest deadline – May 17
Pre-Conference Workshops – May 20 – 21
2019 Washington GIS Conference – May 22 – 23
Coming up next week - Schedule Overview and more!